Up and Coming
Fun and Candids
Please complete our Puppy Application below.
Every question must be answered. If a question does not apply to you, type NA.
If you are unable to use the online form, please download our
which is formatted as a word.doc and follow the instructions on that questionnaire. Thank you.
1. First Name:
2. Last Name:
3. Spouse/Partner First Name:
4. Spouse/Partner Last Name:
6. Spouse/Partner Email:
7. Home Phone:
8. Cell Phone:
9. Spouse/Partner Cell Phone:
13. Zip Code:
14. Your Occupation:
15. Spouse/Partner Occupation:
16. If you have children, please list their gender and ages:
17. If you have other pets, please list their species, breed, gender and ages:
18. Who referred you to Tangleloft Goldens?
19. Do all family members want a new puppy?
20. What makes you want to purchase a Golden Retriever puppy?
21. Do you prefer a male or a female?
22. Please explain reason for preference.
23. For what purpose(s) are you purchasing a Golden Retriever puppy?
24. What type of personality are you looking for in your puppy?
25. Please include anything else that will help us place the right puppy with you.
26. Do you live in an apartment, house, townhouse?
27. Do you have a fenced yard?
28. Please describe your yard, including the size and fencing.
29. If you have owned/raised a puppy before, please describe including when and what breed?
30. If you have ever owned a Golden Retriever, from whom did you acquire it?
31. Who will train this puppy?
32. Please describe where the puppy will be during the day?
33. Please describe where the puppy will be during the night?
34. Will someone be home during the day to housetrain the puppy?
35. If "no", what kind of arrangements will you be making for your new puppy?
36. Have you ever crate trained a puppy or dog?
37. If no, and you have had a puppy, please describe your decision not to crate train?
38. In spite of the best care and the best breeding practices, health problems may occur that require surgery or extensive treatment. These problems can include but are not limited to: hip dysplasia, allergies, cancer, accidental poisoning, and auto accidents. Can you afford good veterinary care and are you willing to invest in your puppy in the event of health problems?
39. Are you willing to abide by a contract that specifies matters regarding registrations, health, breeding, and general care requirements?
40. When this puppy is purchased as a family companion and is not going to be bred, do you agree to have it neutered/spayed no sooner than 1 year of age?
41. Will you agree to spay or neuter the puppy?
42. Are you willing to take this puppy to obedience classes so that he/she will become an enjoyable companion and good canine citizen?
43. If not purchasing a puppy for conformation showing, will you accept a limited registration (does not allow offspring of your pup to be registered or your dog to compete in conformation)?
44. Are you interested in joining the National Golden Retriever Club and/or the local Golden Retriever Club in your area?
45. Are you interested in your dog for (select all that apply):
46. Until your dog is at least two years old are you willing to keep it thin, on an adult premium dog food, and not expose him to exercise that jeopardizes joint formation?
47. Are you willing to keep the dog on heartworm preventative and safe flea/tick control products?
48. Is there anything else you'd like to add regarding you and/or your family?